Posting: OASIS Prevention Program Liaisons
OASIS is a part of the Division of Student Affairs (within the IU Health Center) and works closely with Residential and Program Services (RPS) and other campus partners. We are currently seeking four Program Liaisons who will be employed 10 hours per week from August-May, during the 2014-2015 school academic year. This is a paid position.
The mission of OASIS is to decrease the harm created by substance use on campus through education, prevention, intervention and recovery support. This includes collaborative programming, individual intervention, consultation and evaluation.
Program Liaisons at OASIS will:
• Coordinate alcohol and drug programs with Resident Assistants (RAs), RPS staff and student organizations or communities
• Assist during large alcohol and drug programming on campus. These include collaborative programming during Welcome Week (August), Homecoming, Halloween, Culture of Care, Sexual Assault Prevention, Little 500 and others.
• Represent OASIS at the RPS Resource Fair in August and the IUHC Health Fair in October, various other fairs, and RPS Alcohol and Drug Workgroup (once every two weeks during fall and spring)
• In collaboration with Graduate Assistant, Director and office counselors, conduct seminars/workshops pertinent to our mission
• Assist Intervention Coordinator, Director and Graduate Assistant in data entry, analysis and reporting
• Remain current on campus and national substance abuse trends
• Maintain social media accounts for OASIS on Facebook and Twitter
• Attend relevant OASIS trainings and administrative/team meetings
Each Program Liaison will need to commit to 10 hours per week, except during campus breaks.
All students may apply. Students in Public Health, SPEA, Counseling, Pre-Law, Criminal Justice, Education (K-College level), Leadership, Marketing, Social Work and Counseling are preferred, but not required.
Early return to campus in fall 2014 is required to attend all relevant trainings for the fall.
OASIS is seeking to fill these positions for the Fall 2014-Spring 2015 academic year.
Please send resume and letter of interest to Jackie Daniels, Director at email@example.com if you are interested in a position.
Interviews will take place between now and May 1st, 2014. You will be contacted via email about an interview.